Sunday, September 14, 2014

God's heart for singleness

Can we all be honest and admit that being single is the struggle sometimes. I mean the thirst can be real and strong. Every season has it's purpose. God designed singleness for a purpose. And that purpose is not to torture us slowly. It's to teach us and prepare us for things that are only for you and God to work out.

I have this thing where I can't clean if there's another person standing in the room and in my way. My mom likes to stand in my bedroom when it's messy and tell me what to clean. She points out what's dirty. But I really can't start cleaning with her in there. I clean in a way where I throw everything on the floor and then start to clean. I perfer for no one to watch me as I do this. We all have things that are not so pretty and lovable in us. We all have the right to a process. We should stand in the presence of God free to be who we are. We should be free to mess up and get healed whatever way we want. We should be free to get ugly in front of God in order to get your break through.God wants us alone with him cleaning up the mess to save us the heartache of another person standing in the middle of your mess pinpointing what you need to work on. He wants to get you ready before your future spouse shows up. So when they do come in the picture you can focus on BUILDING and not so much cleaning.

Love your future marriage enough to take advantage of the growing opportunity(singleness).Instead of thirsting or fighting for your future spouse heart search for God's heart in the process. What is God saying in this season? What is God removing inside of you that you need to be praying for? Take advantage of all the wisdom he's teaching in this season, chances are you're going to need it in the future.Once you search for God's heart the thirst begins to be directed to Christ. Then you start elevating in him. You go deeper in his love and become obsessed with him. Your heart becomes guarded and covered in the safest place. Then you'll find your spouse in  God's hand holding both of your hearts.

1 comment: