Wednesday, August 5, 2015

You are loved today, you were loved yesterday, you'll be loved forever


2 Corinthians 12:9

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Perfection. That word should only be mentioned when we talk about Christ.  Because outside of him , there is no such thing as being flawless. (Sorry Beyoncé) Now I never thought that I was perfect but certain situations and relationships hilight how much I need to work on.

Opening up your closet


We all have one. The things we try to keep hidden. The secret things that we struggle with. Old things that turn into skeletons and haunt us. No one wants to open the door of this closet. Afraid that what's in it is unfixable. We kid ourselves if we think that if we just shut the door and the issues disappear. Emotional closests should be called mobile homes. Because they travel every where we go. My baggage shows up in my relationships. It shows up when I'm in the middle of an argument and I go from 0 to 100 real quick. The things that we burry deep down in our hearts affects our walk with Christ and our relationships with other people. So by closing the door to the things we need healing from, we're just making the process longer.


Be brave and let Christ in. He already knows the tears you cry, what breaks your heart, and what's keeping you from growing. He's standing outside the door of your closet waiting for you to let him in so HE can start healing and cleaning you. He doesn't want you carrying around dead things. He knows and you know that your tired of carrying around guilt, shame, bitterness and pain. So how about you surrender the depths of your heart and all that comes with it to Christ. His love will reach every broken area and cover it with his grace.


His love is a hiding place, that you can't hide from

I tend to beat myself up when I don't get things right. I think God is going to void his word because I made a mistake during the process. I feel like I'm no longer worthy of the promise because of my stumbling. But then my amazing God  reminded me that he promised me the promise knowing how deep my closet was, knowing how flawed I am. Knowing that I can be an emotional mess, knowing that I can have to much sass and I can be very lazy. I use to be afraid to share what was in my closet because I was afraid people will no longer see me as the girl who always carries joy and lights up the room. I didn't want that image to be ruined. So I picked up chains that God already had broken and held them together to protect how people see me.



Grace is a velvet rope around us saying that you can't touch my master piece. Nothing can destroy God's image, his love, his promises for us. And it's all because of Jesus. You are Still a powerful vessel even when you miss the mark. Because God's love stands in that gap! Christ lights can shine through you even while your broken because of his grace. People see his glory through the broken places in our lives. God can still use you even when people talk badly about you and judged you. He loves you for all of who you are! So I will always be transparent with Jesus and brave enough to boldly share my story. And you should too. Remember...

You are Loved today, you we're loved Yesterday, and you'll be loved forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment